Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It’s My Life

It’s time for this weeks questions for the family history project.

If you’re interested in participating go see Julie at Tattered Threads!

 

1. Was yours a religious family?  Yes…we are LDS  Were Sunday's spent together with family?  Sunday was always a family day. 


2. Did your family take vacations?  I guess we took a few.  I don’t think the drive was ever pleasant though…I remember a lot of bickering and Dad yelling about turning around and going back home!  Did you go to the same place every year?   Nope

3. Do you remember any special stories your grandparents told you?    Did you sit on a lap when you heard these stories or did you hear them when you and your grandparent would walk hand-in-hand, taking a stroll? Do you tell any of these same stories to your children?   I don’t really remember any stories told to us by my grandparents.  My grandma and grandpa weren’t your typical grandparents I guess since they were still raising kids.  Two of my aunts are just a couple years older then me.  So I never felt like I got a lot of quality time with my grandparents.  And on my dad’s side I don’t really know any of them.  There’s a huge chunk of my childhood where we never saw my grandma.  Wasn’t until I was an adult that I saw her again.

4. Did your grandparents live nearby?  On my mom’s side, yes.  Just across town. How often did you visit their homes?   All the time.  Almost all our family gatherings were at their house.  Did the house have any special smells?   Don’t really remember any special smells.  Except peanut butter… my grandpa LOVED peanut butter!  What did their couch feel like? Uh…I just have to say that my grandmas house is so much different now then it was growing up.  Back then I there was so much glass and fancy things that I was always afraid to touch anything, or sit on anything lol.  It’s much better now…all homey and inviting and smells like cinnamon! :)

Well that’s it for today…it’s past my bedtime hehe

1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting to read these! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great 4th! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for stopping by to say hi!