Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th

I hope everyone had a wonderful, and safe 4th of July! 

Kristina and I spent the day with Grandma and Great Grandma.  I had wanted to take her down to the carnival, but it was wayyyyyyyyy too hot outside!  So Grandma had her make a fun quilty flag project!  Here’s her finished flag (well sort of…I still need to go get a mat to put in the frame)

011

Looky it matches her outfit!!!

 

And what would the 4th be without our PINK salad???!!!  Or really any occasion for that matter….we love it so much we’ll make up reasons to make it!

015

Oh so yummy!!  I’m sure that many of you have made this or make something like it.  I have no idea what it’s really called but since I was a little girl, we have always called it pink salad.  Probably because it’s usually pink…go figure

If you haven’t made it and want to try it you need:

cottage cheese

cool whip

fruit cocktail

and your favorite kind of jello!

toss it all in a bowl, mix and Enjoy :)

Helpful hint ~ It’s always better after it’s been in the fridge for a day or so.  And for those of us who watch our girly figures….you can make it with cool whip free, light or free fruit, and sugar free jello  and it will still taste just as good!!!

 

Okay now I need to share this picture (which my mom will kill me for later hehe)

013

See that pretty white plate up there keeping the meat warm?  Well it’s stuck LOL

Mom actually called me out to help, but I grabbed my camera instead.  Obviously I could not pass up the opportunity to forever capture this moment.   So in between fits of laughing, the plate managed to get unstuck and the chicken and pork saved! 

Sorry mom….had to share lol

Please enjoy these fireworks brought to you courtesy of Fathoms of Fun, and my camera!

Ohhh’s and Ahhh’s

033

This is my FIL… this is actually one of the best pictures he’s ever allowed me to take!  Silly dad.  Since my hubby is still in Florida,(and I don’t do fireworks) dad was our firework lighter this year.  He also came down to the water with us to watch the big show!

044

Awww aren’t they cutest

Sparkly fun!!

And what would a good fireworks show be without bunny watching from the car?!

029

Think she’ll be embarrassed when she’s all grown up that she carried this raggy pink thing everywhere? 

Yeah, probably not

1 comment:

  1. Thanks (not) for the cute picture! But than you so much for the awesome fun day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for stopping by to say hi!